Toilet repair is highly important, especially with the growing number of toilets in the average American household. Due to an increased rate of homes with more than one toilet, the United States Census Bureau reports that the numbers of new homes with three or more bathrooms outnumbers new homes built with one bathrooms by a ratio of nearly ten to one. Imagine finding yourself in a situation where you experience clogs in multiple toilets all at once. It just may happen, and you need to take preventative measures to ensure the situation doesn’t grow out of control. If you are beginning to sense your toilet is on the verge of disaster, don’t waste time in taking action. Even just allowing one clog to linger will give way to water damage on the surrounding floor and cause you to lose water all while the cost of water bills skyrocket. There is also the additional risk of mold and mildew growth, which will detract from your indoor air quality and make air harmful to your health just to breathe in. Also, even if it goes without saying, toilet clogs or overflows can be downright unsanitary. Think about it: would you want to deal with your toilet when it’s overflowing with water and who knows what else? Of course not, so it’s important you make a call to a local plumber immediately.
Why Should You Call Radiant for Service?
When you want your plumbing problems fixed once and for all, you should call Radiant Plumbing as soon as possible. Our plumbers should always be the first people you turn to for plumbing services, especially if your toilet is currently proving your worst nightmare. We can provide a wide range of services that will ensure any clogs are removed in no time. We can even be there to provide service in the event of a plumbing emergency. Even better, we can show what’s causing your toilet to experience problems in the first place and how you can avoid them in the future. Just by learning a few tips, you will notice lower spending on utility bills. You will also extend the lifespan of your plumbing fixtures by years, so you can enjoy greater efficiency for a longer period of time. Your toilet is the most essential plumbing fixture in your home and when it’s working at its best thanks to service from Radiant, you will be able to relax so much more.
5 Easy Toilet Repair Tips
While nothing can compare to service from a professional, you may discover that avoiding the hassle of sudden, last-minute toilet problems:
- Keep a Trash Can in the Bathroom: You should always provide an alternative method of disposal in the bathroom to keep occupants from discarding certain materials down the toilet, which is a more common cause of clogs than you realize. The easiest way to do this is keeping a small trash can in the bathroom. The trash can will be an economical, effective way of preventing future clogged toilet issues, especially when it keeps items from going down the toilet that should not be there in the first place.
- Flush Twice, But Be Careful: You should flush your toilet a second time if the waste is not removed from the bowl after the first flush. However, if these multiple flushes are becoming incredibly common, there just may be a major problem requiring a professional to diagnose the problem. Multiple flushes are also a waste of water and if toilet problems are not treated soon enough, you may be paying more on water bills.
- Keep Surfaces Clear: Many clogged toilets when nearby counters or over-the-toilet shelving is filled with small objects, such as jars, bottles, sponges and cosmetics. Any of these objects can be knocked into the toilet and flushed accidentally, easily resulting in a massive clog. You should instead keep this area clear at all times to prevent this situation.
- Learn to Plunge Properly: The average homeowner may know to get out the plunger when a clog first strikes their toilet, but there’s bound to be a few of them who don’t know how to plunge properly. If this applies to you, here are steps you need to follow: make sure there is enough water in the bowl for suction, insert the plunger and cup it over the drainage hole, then plunge vigorously several times until the water in the toilet goes down. The lowering water levels are a sign that you have successfully removed the clog.
- Educate Your Family: Both the children and adults in your home should be taught what shouldn’t be thrown down a toilet. While it’s easy to guess your child tried flushing their favorite toy when your toilet clogs, adults can sometimes be just as clueless as to what shouldn’t be going down the drain. You should teach them to not throw paper products, household waste products, and everyday materials like articles of clothing down the drain. Once your family has a better sense of what not to do, you can expect to save so much more on plumbing repairs.
Don’t Overflow With Worry – Schedule Your Toilet Repair Today
Contact Radiant Plumbing today if you want to avoid higher spending on plumbing service thanks to our quick, effective toilet repair!