Drain cleaning should be your top priority this fall if you suspect your plumbing system is on the verge of a massive clog. While many homeowners often take the drains in their home for granted, this can prove to be a costly mistake, as they may lose access to essential plumbing fixtures and pay more on utility bills. Even if you think that small drain clog isn’t too much of a problem, think again. One of the traps homeowners will put themselves in is overlooking the severity of a clog, leaving them much worse for wear when it prevents their entire plumbing system from working at its best. Allowing even just one drain clog can lead to issues like higher costs on utility bills, decreased levels of sanitation, and bad sewer odors that will permeate through your entire home. Worse, when you consider how much you rely on toilets and sinks every day, it can be a real detriment in terms of how you function in your home when they are not so readily available due to frequent clogging. Instead of experiencing all of these setbacks, opt to take a proactive stance on clogs and get them fixed when you first notice trouble.
How Can Radiant Help You?
Fortunately, Radiant is here to provide you with excellent drain cleaning services to prevent clogs from wreaking havoc on your plumbing system. We offer a wide range of services including camera inspection and water jetting to ensure clogs are removed as soon as possible. For situations where a clog appears out of nowhere, you should call us and we will able to assist you during your time of need. But our services do not just aim to fix clogs. It also aims to reduce your spending on plumbing bills, extend the lifespan of fixtures by years, and ensure you can relax more in your home without worrying over when the next drain clog will occur. Homeowners in the Austin area should make us their number-one choice for drain cleaning if they are looking for a better peace of mind this fall.
Top 7 Drain Cleaning Tips
While Radiant can provide top-notch service on your drains, you can also do your share in preventing clogs by following a few simple steps. The next time you feel your drains are about to clog, please take note of these 7 drain cleaning tips:
- Store Grease in a Container: One common mistake homeowners make is throwing cooking grease down the drain. This can result in some negative consequences. The grease will actually stick to the walls of your drains and harden, allowing for a massive clog to form. Instead of facing this possibility, you should instead store grease in a container before throwing it away in the garbage.
- Do Not Rely on Chemical Drain Cleaners: Chemical cleaning solutions are often the go-to for homeowners who are looking to fix drain clogs as soon as possible. However, a reliance on these solutions can actually damage the plumbing system over time and leave you calling us for pipe repair. Only use chemical drain cleaners sparingly and instead rely on more organic solutions.
- Consider Strainers: Are you tired of sinks in your kitchen and bathroom getting easily clogged by pieces of food, hair, and soap? In that case, you should definitely consider installing strainers which keep any of these materials out and allow your sink drains to work without interruption. Though they will need to be cleaned out periodically, they are one of the simplest clog-stoppers you can find.
- Use a Plunger: If your home is not yet equipped with a plunger, you need to run out and get one now. It is one of the most important tools to have in your home in the event of a last minute clog, especially for any minor clogs in your sink or toilet.
- Use a Drain Snake: A plunger can do a lot of good but for areas a plunger cannot reach, you should use a drain snake. It can scoop out any materials in areas plungers often can’t reach, and has a snake-like form allowing it to fit in even the tiniest of spaces. However, use it carefully or else it may force you to spend additional money on pipe repair.
- Boiling Hot Water: Hot water boiled from a pot or tea kettle will loosen up any substances sticking within your drains and make it easier to rid them. This is especially helpful for any grease or oil buildup within your drains, which can harden and become extremely difficult to remove.
- Call for Annual Drain Cleaning: You should always make it a point each year to call Radiant for an annual drain cleaning. We can have one of our plumbers inspect your drains carefully so they can eliminate any lingering drain problems before they worsen. Thanks to our effective plumbing maintenance, you can guarantee a clog-free plumbing system for the next 12 months.
Don’t Get Caught In A Plumbing Emergency – Schedule A Drain Cleaning Service Today
Contact Radiant today if you want to learn more tips and have one of our plumbers provide you with excellent drain cleaning!