Easy, Efficient, and Reliable Air Conditioning
What may have started off as a luxury air conditioning system, central air is becoming a standard for many homes across the country and in Austin. Like you, our team at Radiant knows how hot Austin is for most of the year and so we want you to consider making central air the standard in your home as well.
Types of Central Air Conditioners
There are two types of central air conditioning systems to choose from: Split systems and packaged systems.
- Split systems: They are considered “split” systems because the condenser/compressor is housed outdoors while the evaporator is installed inside. This helps keep the noise level low when operating. Split systems also will connect to your ductwork to ensure the most efficient cooling capabilities.
- Packaged systems: Unlike the split systems, packaged unit keep both components in one place that can be mounted on a roof or a wall.
Benefits of Central Air
- Low maintenance: Central AC systems require little to no maintenance to work effectively. We do suggest an annual spring tune up to change filters, add refrigerant, and clean your coils, but there’s not much more that you need to worry about.
- Improved indoor air quality: The air filters used in central air conditioning systems are designed to remove allergens and pollutants from the air. This helps keep your home – and your family – breathing easy.
- Increased resale home value: Think about it – families look to buy a home in Austin probably know how hot it’s going to get. A home with a central air conditioning system will hold much more value than one without.
- Easy and efficient whole house cooling: Central air does more than just cool your home – it also dehumidifies the entire house. Window units, on the other hand, will only cool one room at a time. In addition, central air systems usually come with a programmable thermostat, making temperature control even easier.
At Radiant, we are Austin’s central air conditioning experts and we hope you will choose us to install one in your home today!