What happens when you encounter clogs that are just too mean to be handled with the drain snake. Even mechanical rooters, with their hydraulic corkscrew motion, aren’t really able to tackle scale build-up, grime, and tree roots — the toughest of tough drain obstructions. If you have older piping that doesn’t just need to be cleared, these conventional plumbing options are probably not going to cut it for you.
What you need is a drain cleaning technique designed to restore.
High pressure water jetting, also known as hydrojetting, is intended to not only clear obstructions but to restore the overall condition of your pipes. The head of the hydrojet is a conical piece propelled through the drain by four powerful streams of water: the cone breaks up blockages while the jets blast away residue build up, restoring the original diameter of your pipes. At Radiant, we suggest hydrojetting to any homeowners who experience:
- Frequent Back-Ups
- Sewer Odors in the Kitchen or Bathroom
- Drains that Leave Standing Water
- Plumbing Appliances Breaking
- Older Plumbing
Why? Because water jetting can be useful where drain snakes and rooters simply cannot. Tired of recurring issues in your drain and sewer? High water pressure jetting may be the fix for you.
Top 3 Uses of Water Jetting
With water jetting, it’s possible to make old, broken down pipes look and function like new! By restoring the flow capacity of broken down old plumbing, you can start having fewer drain problems as well as a permanently healthier home. Here are the top three uses of hydrojetting as we perform the service here in Austin:
- Restoration– The first and most obvious instance where we suggest hydrojetting is when the pipes have become restricted by sediment, grease, oil, and other build ups that cause repeated clogs and sluggish drains.
- Tree Root Removal– Most instances of tree root intrusion we see can’t be solved with conventional measures, simply because snakes and rooters get tangled up in the mess. Drain cleaning solutions will eat away the inorganic compounds in your pipes, making the problem worse! Hydrojetting is the only real solution. However, the problem with tree roots is, of course, that they grow back. Getting a water jetting will cut the pipes, but if the problem is extensive enough it might be better to simply get a replacement. Which brings us to the next use…
- Prepping Sewer Repair/Replacement– Rather than excavate pipes, the Radiant Plumbing professionals prefer to use trenchless solutions for drain cleaning issues. But before we ever perform a pipe-lining, the first step we need to take is clearing the original line! And we mean completely clearing. That’s only possible with hydrojetting.
So call Radiant Plumbing for high water pressure water jetting for your Austin home today.
If you need sewer restoration or even just a drain cleaning that will last, hydrojetting is the plumbing solution for you.