While we would all prefer to save a few dollars on our energy bill, turning your AC on in the Texas heat is inevitable. Many homeowners have upgraded to programmable thermostats which can help reduce those costs by inputting a simple schedule, but what about those of us who don’t have a simple, set schedule?
Smart thermostats are a trending “must have” household item this yearn that have proven to go far beyond restricting you to a simple schedule. They can save you money on your energy bill and allow you to control your home’s temperature while you’re away. See if upgrading to a smart thermostat is right for you; here are some pros and cons to owning a smart thermostat:
- Can help you save up to 50% on your electricity bill overtime
- The system informs you when your unit needs maintenance.
- Gives the user options for multiple settings from your phone. Program your thermostat from anywhere!
- Program schedules offered are based on day & time for your ideal temperature.
- Integrates with digital devices such as Amazon Alexa, Google Voice, and more.
- Requires professional installation
- Requires in-depth thermostat programming
- More costly than a manual or programmable thermostat
The following are the 3 most common models, out of many, smart thermostats that Radiant’s HVAC team works with. Click on the links to learn more about each model:
Photo Credit: www.freeiconspng.com | www.nest.com
Smart thermostats work around your schedule, no matter how complex, and allow complete control over your HVAC system, whether your home or away. Our technicians are thoroughly trained on various brands of smart thermostats, including the models previously mentioned, and can help you find the right one for your home.
Are you ready to make an upgrade to your home and start saving on your energy bill? Call Radiant today at 512-402-8872.