A local plumber may not be the first person you imagine calling at this time of year, but it may be the thing that winds up saving your holiday season. After all, when your mind is focused on gift-giving, great food, and fun with your family, you may not even be thinking about your plumbing needs. That may prove to be your biggest downfall this season. Just because the holiday festivities have begun does not mean the plumbing problems have ended. Even if you plan on having guests over the house this season, your plumbing system may still be susceptible to problems like drain clogs, toilet overflows, pipe leaks, frozen pipes, and so much more. Allowing just one clog or leak to persist may wind up ruining your festive mood. When plumbing problems continue without any repair or maintenance work, you may risk spending more money on utility bills, which can be inconvenient when you are already gearing your savings toward holiday shopping. Not to mention, if the problem is a pipe leak, you may find that you’re losing gallons of water that could have otherwise been used for other purposes. Worst of all, when you consider just how often you use toilets and sinks per day, any inconvenience with these fixtures can greatly interrupt your day-to-day. Nobody should spend the holiday season this way, so it’s better to call up that local plumber for advice to maintain your seasonal cheer.
Why You Need to Call Radiant Plumbing
Radiant Plumbing should be your first choice for plumbing service this season. The next time you experience a sudden clog or leak, you will be able to count on us to provide high-quality work that will see your plumbing problems fixed in no time. Our plumbers can provide a wide range of services including drain cleaning, leak detection, and even fixture replacement. We can provide durable, long-lasting repairs that will extend the lifespan of your plumbing system so you’re not seeking replacement any time soon. Even better, you will save so much more money on utility bills due to improved, more efficient performance on your fixtures. This will prove a major benefit when you’re already trying to buy someone that special gift they’ve always wanted, or if you have a lengthy shopping list to handle. Plus, with your plumbing issues settled before any holiday festivities, you will be able to spend quality time with your family. After all, isn’t that what the holidays are all about?
How Can You Prepare for the Holidays?
You can also play a role in ensuring your plumbing system is ready for any holiday festivities. Our team of plumbers recommends that you take note of the following 6 tips:
- Discard Cooking Oil or Grease Properly: Some homeowners will make the mistake of dumping any excess grease or oil from cooking down the drain. During the holidays, when there will undoubtedly be plenty of cooking, this may become more common. The main problem is that grease or oil will harden in your drains and make passage through them impossible. You should instead discard them in the regular garbage to avoid such a problem.
- Use Hot Water to Clear Drains: Buildup in your drains is practically inevitable, but it can be quite easy to remove. Pouring extremely hot water down the drains on regular basis will keep blockages from forming. If the blockage already exists, the water will act as a lubricant and loosen up any materials, making them easier to remove.
- Avoid Drain Cleaning Products: Though commercials on television may make drain cleaning products look like a miracle substance, it will damage your plumbing system in the long-term. The chemical components in these products will actually eat away at walls of your drainage pipes, which will actually make you spend more on plumbing repair. You should instead rely on more organic means.
- Be Prepared: When you have guests over the house, the last thing you want happening is a toilet clog, so you need to be prepared. Always keep a plunger handy in the event of any sudden minor clogs. This tool will be able to eliminate the clog quickly before it turns into something much worse. You should also keep a trash can handy so nobody will have to throw any material down the toilet that doesn’t belong there.
- Prepare a Repair and Maintenance Schedule: It’s important to develop a maintenance schedule that will see your plumbing system be given a proper inspection on a regular basis. You can count on Radiant Plumbing to give your home’s plumbing system an inspection right before the holiday season. If your plumbing system is experiencing frequent drain clogs, you can also call us for repairs to prevent the problem from becoming worse.
No Need to Worry This Holiday Season! Contact Your Local Plumber to Schedule a Plumbing System Tune-Up Today!
Contact Radiant Plumbing today if you want to ensure a stress-free holiday season with exceptional service from our local plumber!