Spring has finally arrived, and Austin is starting to feel the heat! Is your home’s air conditioning up to the task of keeping you cool? Test out your AC right now — is it hitting the right temperature? Is it making too loud of a sound? Remember, when you need AC repair in Austin, the experts at Radiant are always available to help! Our HVAC technicians are the most approachable and experienced authorities in the field, and they can make your AC repair quick, simple, and affordable.
But the AC was just working last summer! Why did it break down? In this blog, the Radiant professionals will share with you some of the most common causes of air conditioning failure and how we can address each one. In the meantime, make sure you stay cool this summer without breaking the bank by:
- Cleaning Your Condenser Coils (Lightly Spray Them With the Garden Hose)
- Replacing Your Filters
- Turning the Thermostat from “Heat” to “Cool”
- Scheduling Your Annual AC Tune-Up Service
All of these steps are relatively simple, but you’d be surprised how many homeowners forget to cover the basics. Spring is a busy season to be sure, but it’s still hugely important to prepare your AC for the summertime! Should you notice your AC isn’t performing properly, call Radiant. In all likelihood, your issue is probably one of the following:
The Most Common Reasons for AC Repair
Your air conditioning system is surprisingly complicated. Many homeowners aren’t even aware of all of the various things that can wrong in their AC’s operation! They only realize something is wrong when the AC finally breaks down in the middle of the sweltering summer.
Don’t let these common AC break downs heat up your Austin home!
- Refrigerant Leaks– Your AC uses a chemical refrigerant in order to cool air on demand. When the level of refrigerant is low, you can simply add more. But if the level is consistently inadequate, you may be dealing with a leak, in which case you’ll need a trained Austin AC repair technician from Radiant to come to your home, seal the leak, and test the repair.
- Electric Control Failure– Once your AC system detects that your home has reached the desired temperature, it turns off — it will turn back on if the temperature needs to be raised again. This is a normal performance feature, but if the system is improperly sized and keeps needing to turn on and off, that can wear on the electrical controls. In this case, you may need the Radiant experts to perform not only AC repair but possibly an AC replacement.
- Inadequate Maintenance– That annual maintenance really is necessary! Manufacturers and professionals agree that performing maintenance once a year on your central air system is critical to the performance and lifespan of the device. If it’s been many years since your last maintenance, call for an AC tune-up today! It may not be too late to recover your machine.
When your AC breaks down, you know who to call.