Older Units Lose Efficiency and May Not Provide Enough Hot Water
The first thing most homeowners do after waking up in the morning is head into a nice, hot shower. It’s a great way to start the day. So, when you step into the shower and realize the hottest the water will get is lukewarm, it’s safe to say you’ll be pretty unhappy.
Lukewarm water just won’t cut it. You need hot water to do every tasks like shower, wash dishes, and do laundry. There are a number of different reasons why you are suddenly seeing this change in temperature and as a homeowner it is important to understand what they are.
Why You Might Have No Hot Water in Your Home
- The water heater needs to be flushed: If you are one of those homeowners that’s pretty attentive to your appliances and gets annual maintenance, this is probably not the cause. However, if you’ve never had your tank flushed out, chances are this is the root of your problems. When the water in the tank gets dirty, it can result in your home not getting enough hot water.
- Leak: In many cases,water heater leaks will lead to the replacement of the entire unit. But, sometimes it is just the pressure relief valve that needs tightening. Let an experienced Radiant Plumbing technician find out what the real problem is so we can determine the best course of action for repair.
- Thermostat: If the number on your thermostat is not matching the water temperature you are experiencing, then the problem might not be with your water heater. It might be time to think about replacing your thermostat, or at least having it checked to see if it’s working properly.
- Aged unit: Water heaters often run their course after 12 years. If your system is older than 12 years, even if it’s still kicking, it’s efficiency is probably fading fast.
- Sediment build up: When sediment builds up on your tank, it decreases it’s life span and causes it to work much less efficiently. Oftentimes when the build up is too far gone, the unit will have to be replaced.
There isn’t a water heater problem the expert technicians at Radiant Plumbing can’t fix. Call us today, and we’ll get your hot water back as soon as possible!