Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
Searching for a new water heater can be stressful because there’s so many decisions that you have to make. What type of water heater, what size, what model, where you want it to be installed, etc. Well, here at Radiant Plumbing we want to help make that decision easier: Just get a tankless!
We know what you’re thinking: What’s a tankless water heater? I’ve only ever had a tank-type one – why should I switch?
Don’t worry – we have that covered, too.
10 Reasons You Should Switch to Tankless
- No sediment and no odor: Sediment builds up in storage tanks so without one, you won’t have this problem. Nor will you have to deal with rusty odors coming out into your water.
- Great for resale: Because tankless water heaters are viewed as a modern convenience, they can significantly increase the value of your home at the time of resale.
- Consistent temperatures: Tankless systems are designed to provide the same water temperature each time you request it. Not too hot, and not too cold, so you don’t have to worry about any random spikes in temperature.
- Longer lifespan: A tankless will last you about 20 years in comparison to a conventional which is typically only good for 12. We often see replacement calls come in for water heater at the 8-10 range, so you will get double the life out of a tankless.
- No cracks or leaks: Conventional water heaters leak because a crack forms in the storage tank. Without that tank, you shouldn’t experience a leak. The only way you might experience some leakage is if a pipe breaks.
- No flooding: So, because there are no leaks to worry about, you won’t come home to a room full of water.
- More space: Tankless water heaters are only about the size of a carryon suitcase which means that in many cases you can mount them right on your wall. This frees up space for you in a closet, a bathroom, or other living area where you once had the conventional heater.
- Endless hot water: This is usually one of the biggest benefits we hear customers get excited about. You never have to wait for water to heat up in a storage tank. When you ask for it, you’ll get it. Tankless systems provide hot water on demand.
- Energy savings: Tankless water heaters are about 98% efficient. This means that 98% of their energy goes into heating water. Conventional heaters, on the other hand, have an efficiency of 70-75%. By switching to tankless, you are wasting far less energy and, in turn, saving money.
- Great return on your investment: Over the 20-year lifespan of the unit, you can expect to save $1,700 in energy costs alone. That doesn’t even factor in the money you’ll save from not having to replace a conventional unit two or more times.
Interested in getting a tankless water heater? All you have to do is call Radiant Plumbing & Air Conditioning to request a free quote today!