Spring is right around the corner! While you’re spring cleaning and waiting for the warm weather, don’t forget to check on your cooling system. It’s important to do a full system check before the heat arrives to guarantee cool comfort throughout your home when you need it. If your AC is struggling, it may be time to consider replacement. At a certain point, every system will reach the end of its lifespan. If your air conditioner is showing the following signs, you may be in need of a replacement soon:
Warning Signs of a Failing Cooling System
- Age. If your air conditioner is over 15 years old, it should be replaced. The average lifespan of an AC is 10-15 years, and the older it gets, the more inefficiently it runs. Age also leaves it more susceptible to damages and malfunction, that could leave you stuck in some uncomfortable heat. A newer model will save you money in the long run and add value to your home.
- Frequent repairs. If you have had to make several repairs to your air conditioning system, you could be throwing your money away on a failing machine. With all of the funds that you’ve dumped into repairs, you could have put that towards a newer, more efficient model.
- Power and startup problems. When your AC won’t stay on or even turn on, then it’s clear that you have an issue. Whenever you adjust the thermostat, your cooling system should promptly bring your home to your desired temperature. It should turn on with ease, no properly functioning AC should struggle. If temperatures are climbing outside while your AC isn’t working properly inside, you need to consider replacement before it becomes a safety issue.
- Warm air. If your AC is blowing warm air into your home, you’ve got a problem. his could be the result of a lack of refrigerant in your system. If that’s the case, a Radiant professional should be able to deliver more and have it back up and running in no time. If you have a refrigerant leak, things can get a little more complicated. A leak needs to be addressed immediately. If you’ve already spent money on repairs in the past, it’s in your best interest to replace your AC.
- Inadequate cooling. Your AC should keep your whole home cool and comfy during the hot summer months. If you notice that some rooms are significantly cooler or warmer than others, your AC may not be able to handle the needs of your whole home.
- Strange sounds and smells. No system is completely silent, but loud noises should never be ignored. Loud bangs or grumbles coming from your AC or your duct system could be a sign of a loose part, motor failure, or duct leaks. Odors should never be ignored either, as your AC should never smell at all. This could be a sign of mold or mildew growth in your system that your AC may be pumping into your home.
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late
If your AC is showing any of these warning signs, you should call a professional at Radiant Plumbing to discuss replacement options. Not only will we help you choose the best model to suit your needs, we will install it with ease!
For all of your air conditioning needs, call Radiant Plumbing today!