You tap down the flusher, lift up the sink handle, and turn the shower knob every day in your home. Instinctively, we know that the water that comes out must go right down. It isn’t until you see the backflow of water creeping back up to your sight that things start to get worrisome. Even more so, getting your sewer and drain line cleared out is simply not cutting it.
At this point, the evidence is clear that this goes beyond just a stoppage in your sewer or drain and may require a replacement whether it be the entire line or just a section.
Luckily, in our beloved town of Austin, TX, you have the best team with the expertise to tackle these kinds of replacements…. Radiant Plumbing & Air Conditioning!
We're Ready to Help
Causes of Sewer & Drain Line Damage
There is an aura of unpredictability when it comes to damaged sewer and drain lines. From natural occurrences to continuous wear and tear, any of these could be the culprit that leads to future sewer and drain replacement. Some common causes are:
- Tree Roots – As tree roots grow, they search for water sources like your sewer line. If they attach to your sewer line, they will grow into your pipe, causing a break in the line.
- Temperature – Sudden rises in temperature can cause the ground to shift, which may result in your sewer line becoming disconnected.
- Old Pipelines – After years of wear and tear, sewer lines need to be replaced so that your homes sewage system can run smoothly.
- Sagging lines – Soil conditions play a part in the sagging of sewer lines. Once a portion of the line starts to sag, it will collect paper and waste ultimately causing build-up.
- Debris – Using non-flushable items in your toilet can result in major sewer and drain issues.
- Grease – Pouring grease and other fats down your drain will cause problems once the grease solidifies. Ultimately, it will get stuck to your pipes, causing a clog in the line.
Signs You Need a Sewer Replacement:
It’s always important to know how your sewer line can get damaged, but the ‘how’ may not prove to be noticeable indicators. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye out for these symptoms that can appear in plain sight through daily use of your home’s amenities:
- Persistent Sewer Back-Ups
- Gurgling Noises in Your Toilet
- Toilet Doesn’t Empty Properly When You Flush
- Wet Sinkhole in the Yard
- Wet Patches of Ground on Your Lawn
- Inconsistent Water Pressure When You Flush
Sewer Replacement Services With Radiant
Issues with your sewer line are serious business. When you have a backflow of water that’s seeping up in your sinks or even your yard, you’re risking exposure to contaminated substances. If your line is damaged, you don’t want to delay a sewer replacement.
The drains team at Radiant are specialized in diagnosing as well as performing sewer replacement services. If you are experiencing issues with your sewer line, these are the technicians you need to take on the task.
With a meticulous eye and expert craftsmanship to perform an accurate sewer replacement, Radiant is proud to have an exceptional crew of technicians in all disciplines from drains to plumbing to HVAC, all exclusively in Austin, TX.
Repeatedly investing in small repairs avoid the bigger issue at hand and, ultimately, become costly. A replacement option will eliminate the perpetual defectiveness of your sewer line and provide assurance that the issue has been remedied.
When the time comes for a professional sewer and drain replacement, just call Radiant! Proudly serving Austin, TX and the surrounding areas, if you notice signs of an issue with your sewer line or need professional leak detection services, give us a call at (512) 263-9988 or complete our online service request form today.
A Plumbing Career: 5 Questions To Consider
Plumbing is unique among the trades — and indeed the job market as a whole....
COVID-19 Safety Announcement
Deemed an "essential service," our day-to-day operations continue to run to make sure our community's...