Slab Leak Detection and Repair in Austin
The majority of homes in Austin are built with “slab construction”…what does that mean? Basically, rather than having crawlspaces or basements, most houses out here in the West don’t have basements. Instead, they are built directly on a concrete foundation sitting flush with the ground. There are some advantages to this design, such as not having to clean out a damp, neglected, underground crawlspace or basement area – but when you have a leak, they can become a major head ache.
Slab leaks are difficult because the problematic pipes are generally built directly under the foundation itself. If these unexposed, underground pipes crack or break due to the home settling or age or what have you, you’ve got a major issue that you can’t even see! There are, however, some tell-tale signs:
- Puddles on the floor with no apparent source
- Hot spots
- Mildew under carpets
- Rising utility bills (despite consistent usage)
- The sound of running water when the tap is off
- Damp ground
- Movement on your water meter without use
Over time, slab leaks can erode your foundation and cause serious problems for the structure of your home. In the meantime, they are inconvenient, costly, and even destructive, as your floor and appliances can be warped by water damage.
When you suspect that your home has a slab leak, it’s time to call in the professionals. Radiant can send over a fully licensed and trained plumber to fix your problem today! Here’s how:
Slab Leak Solutions
The first step to fixing any slab leak is to find precisely where the problem lies. For this, our experts use only the most advanced technology: electromagnetic pipeline locators, video inspection cameras, and amplification equipment can help us find the source of your slab leak accurately and efficiently.
Don’t ever let a plumber (or anyone, for that matter) tear into your floor to find a slab leak! Let the Radiant professionals do what we do best. You’ll thank us later when you see for yourself how we help you avoid the headache.
Next, it’s time for repair. Slab leaks can be difficult to get to. Still, as we said, you don’t want anyone to come into your home and tear up your floor — there are better ways! And thanks to our complete dedication to being at the technological forefront of the plumbing industry, Radiant can supply them all:
- Spot repair– If possible to do so with minimal damage, we’ll open the slab at the precise location of the leak and do the seam repair or pipe replacement.
- Rerouting– We’ll leave the existing, broken pipe and work around it with a brand new line.
- Epoxy pipe coating– This technique is one of the most advanced in the current field: we pour a safe liquid epoxy formula around and inflatable bladder and allow it to dry, giving you a brand new seamless pipe inside of your existing one.
The Radiant Plumbing professionals have never encountered a slab leak we couldn’t fix. If you have reason to believe that one of the pipes under your home’s slab has a leak, don’t wait. Call Radiant Plumbing right away and have it fixed!
We do the job right the first time, because we have the right tools. Call Radiant Plumbing for all of your slab leak detection and repair needs today!